Citizens HealthPlex is an award-winning Rehabilitation and Wellness Facility like no other in South Texas. Our mission is to assist our members in their journey to a healthier lifestyle.
Once again, it is time for Polar Express. The rules are simple, and the prizes great!!
For every Group Fitness class attended during December, you will receive a ticket that will increase your chances of becoming a winner.
Write your name and phone number on each ticket and place it in the Polar Express box at the Fitness Desk or Front Desk. At the end of the month, we will draw for prizes.
Workout in December . . . it’s a win, win!!
No Gain Campaign!
End Date: January 6, 2014
Purpose: To not gain weight over the holiday months
Sign-up and weigh-in (no shoes!!) between November 4 and November 11 to be eligible for a prize.
Final weigh-in will be from December 30, 2013 through January 6, 2014.
For those whose weight is either less than or equal to their starting weight, you will earn a prize.
For questions about the No Gain Campaign contact one of our Fitness Specialists.
Perfect Stress Relief!!
Is the work week getting you down? Need a bit of stress relief? They try our new yoga classes:
Sunset & Full Moon:
Both classes are outdoors and are intended to stretch and relax the body. These classes provide you with an opportunity to spend some time outside, especially if you have been cooped-up indoors all day long.
Sunset Yoga is Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. outside on the back lawn under the oak trees. Bring a yoga mat and meet the instructor by the back door (staff entrance) of the HealthPlex.
Full Moon Yoga will be on Thursday, October 17 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This class will also meet on the back lawn under the oak trees. (Watch for dates and times in the months to come for additional classes.)
If weather (or mosquitoes!) does not permit the class to meet outdoors, meet by the Therapy Pool for Hot Yoga.
Don’t let the stress of work or back-to-school get you down! Join one of our new yoga clsses this fall as your Perfect Stress Relief!
Bodies in Motion!
Bodies in Motion is a fun, low intensity, very effective exercise class specifically for our mature members.
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in Studio B at 10:30 a.m.
Classes combine simple elements of light strength training — walking and light stretching — something different every day!
Improve your endurance and functional strength. Join us!!
Well, let’s clear some things up!! We offer many different levels of classes. Look for indoor cycling classes on the Group Fitness schedule and try one out! PEDAL ON PEOPLE!! There are 22 chances every week to participate in our cycling classes. Don’t let it pass you by!
- FIRST GEAR – In this beginner class, you will learn the basics of cycling including proper bike set-up and proper form from an experienced cycling instructor. This is a great class for beginners and first-timers!! It is a 30 minute, Level 1 class.
- BIKE & CORE – This intermediate class consists of 45 minutes of cycling followed by 15 minutes of core exercises. This class lasts about 1 hour and is a Level 2 class.
- CYCLE & BLAST – This class is 30 minutes of high-intensity cycling. Although this is a Level 3 class, our certified instructors will help you scale the class for your personal fitness level. This is a 30 minute class.
Presenting Vinyasa Yoga
For questions about Vinyasa Yoga, or any of our other yoga classes, contact the Front Desk at
Our Pools Pamper
570-5433 for available dates and times.
- endurance building
- toning and strengthening
- increased flexibility
- weight loss
Call our Fitness Manager, Tami Brzozowski, at
582-1154 with any questions.
Arthritis & Exercise
Road Trip Without The Road
It’s easy – log your miles, and you can win HealthPlex bucks at designated stops along the way and a prize package when you reach beautiful Maine!
Miles can be earned on any piece of cardio equipment or the track. Miles earned on the NuStep, AMT, elliptical, and swimming will be earned at a rate of 3 miles for every 30 minutes. Earn bonus miles ONCE A WEEK — 20 miles for 45 minutes of resistance training and 10 miles for attending a class. A limit of 25 miles per day can be recorded.
Ask a Fitness Specialist how you can participate, and get started today on your travels on Historic Route 1!
- 793 miles from Key West Florida to Columbia, South Carolina
- 383 miles from Columbia, South Carolina to Richmond, Virginia
- 106 miles from Richmond, Virginia to Washington, DC
- 144 miles from Washington, DC to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 93 miles from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to New York City
- 217 miles from New York City to Boston, Massachusetts
- 434 miles from Boston, Massachusetts to Fort Kent, Maine
Total miles = 2,170 to finish!!